PatSnap is the world’s leading IP Analytic and Management platform that empowers senior business leaders to accelerate growth through Innovation and R&D. IP and patent strategy is now a major board level priority – our product solves a real and growing problem globally. Our differentiation is the reason behind the company’s exponential growth. PatSnap technologies make patent intelligence more accessible to non-IP proficient business users and provide intuitive analytics, making our products usable and sticky. Our market is limitless because patent strategy is relevant to all businesses ranging from NASA to PepsiCo.
PatSnap has been commercially active since July 2007, we now employ over 500 people worldwide and through funding we continue to scale rapidly. We have offices in Singapore, China, London and Los Angeles.
The mission of the IT Support Analyst is to provide innovative and reliable technology solutions to help the business work smarter and more efficiently, as well as keeping the existing IT running and maintained. Technology and security are seen as the enabler to helping the company further differentiate itself on customer service as well as allowing it to grow rapidly without constraining the business.
The IT Support analyst will be reporting directly to Patsnap’s IT Manager and be a part of the Global PatSnap IT Department.
You’ll be supporting Patsnap’s UK, Singapore and US operation by:
- Solving problems - things happen and you're there to fix them
- Providing frontline internal customer IT support (1st/2nd line support)
- Troubleshooting any local/remote IT issues (Mac, Windows 7/10)
- Being the one of the go-to people for technical assistance
- Having a passion for customer service and a commitment to exceeding expectations
- Keeping up to date with new technology
- Building all new laptops and desktops for use within the PatSnap network
- Prepare mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Maintaining the asset register off all PatSnap UK/US hardware
- Administering Office 365 admin portal
- Administering all other cloud based tools
- Maintaining the hosted telephony system including setting up new numbers and handsets
- Maintaining the onsite IT equipment store, identifying stock levels
- Maintaining uptime of office WiFi and internet services
- Maintaining Cisco Meraki networking suite
- You’ll need to have a background in IT support both on hardware and software
- Will have a natural interest and understanding of IT security
- Ability to communicate technical problems in layman's terms verbally and in writing
- Possess a genuine passion for technology
- Proven ability to deliver positive customer relationships with technical advice, and timely service
- Excellent people skills, building relationships with internal customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced growing team and are comfortable talking to people at all levels of the business
Your Essential skills / qualifications
- 2 years' Desktop Support Experience
- Good knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Good knowledge of AV i.e. endpoint protections software, full disk encryption, patching, Cisco and Firewalls
- Good knowledge of networking (TCP/IP) and protocols.
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Good understanding of different types of computing and mobile software
- Competency Requirements
- ITIL Foundation v3
- MTA Networking Fundamentals or equivalent